Friday, September 21, 2012

Best Pizza Ever...

We are off to Melbourne tonight.  We get to see our great friends that live down there and we CANNOT wait!  I thought I’d post this amazing pizza that we have been making before we head out.  It has pear, Gorgonzola cheese and pine nuts.  Matt scoffed at it initially, saying it sounded gross.  After eating it, he swore that it was the best pizza I had ever made!
Ingredients for Dough:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan.
 


This crust part of the recipe is not mine, found it here.  Make sure you roll it out and use it pronto.  We did the dough portion of the recipe the night before and when we cooked it, it expanded a LOT.  It was still delish, but made our pan quite messy and a little more bready than we like.
 

Once you have the crust ready and rolled out, add a cheese sauce.  I used store-bought béchamel sauce.  I’ll try making my own once we get back home and I give it a try.  Not enough dishes in this apartment to bother trying.  Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sauce.
 

Cut up pears into thin slices, and layer over the cheese
Sprinkle a good amount of pine nuts over the pears and then add the gorgonzola cheese over the top of it all.  I would prefer crumbled gorgy, but I could only find a chunk, so we just made due – squishing it, cutting it up etc.
 

Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes. (until brown)
Enjoy!  We could both eat a whole one we like it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment