Tuesday, September 11, 2012

BCBG Maxazria

Obviously I'm not at NYFW this week, as I'm in Australia and who would invite me anyway?  But someday I plan on being there.  I don't need to be up front with anyone who matters, I'd be just as happy oogling the designs from the back.  I spent some time today searching the collections that have shown so far and there have been some beautiful pieces - frocks, tops and the like, but sometimes I wonder - where is the magic?  I know there can't be something unbelievable at every show, otherwise it would make the special mundane, but it's been a while since I've seen something really other-worldly if you will.  

It seems that fashion of late follows the trends instead of setting them.

That all being said, I still have a soft spot for BCBG MaxAzria. It's probably because for one of my birthdays, Matt took me to the store and said buy whatever you want.  It was one of those Pretty Woman shopping moments (when she buys the clothes, not when they turn her away!) and was very special.  This season's collection isn't anything that will change the world as we know it, but there are some bright moments. 


When I get home and back to my studio, I will have to make myself one of these fab harnesses to wear over flowy dresses.  I am in love with how it pushes a wispy gown into masculine territory.  Well done Maxxy.






A few other things I've been noticing around the web: 

Interesting article on Craft

Zac Posen and W118 had interesting shows at NYFW as well

If you haven't caught the show An Idiot Abroad, I highly recommend it

Two new favorite blogs: Young House Love and Adored Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment