Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Peace I leave with you...

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. – John 14:27

This has really been my anchor this week, maybe this month.  There are some things going on in my life that threaten to overwhelm me, toss me about, crush me against the rocks and I’m lousy at surrendering, at stepping away from the feeling, the fear.  Instead I (like most women I imagine) wrestle it, think about it over and over and over ad nauseum until I want to escape from myself as much as the thing that is hurting me in the first place. 

I want to let go, I want to learn to trust.  I know things work out one way or another eventually and I want to stop being afraid and angry.  Fear makes me really mad, and then a vicious cycle begins.

I need an anchor to cling to. 

It’s like a simple prayer when you haven’t the words for anything elaborate and so all you can muster is a “Help me, God”. 

He answers the honest heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment