Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Festival of Lights...

We’ve been trying to get down to the Brisbane Festival for a while now.  It runs from 8-29 September (see how I put the day first, very Australian of me, I know!) and because we are about to head out to Melbourne for a holiday (yah!), Wednesday night was our last shot. 
The main thing was the light show that they do each night.  It was interesting.  I have never seen anything quite like it anywhere else. Essentially they sprayed tons of water into the air and then used that to reflect lights onto.  It had a bit of an 80’s dance party-ness about it, but it was quite pretty and they played it with music and one of my favorite covers by Peter Gabriel was played for part of it.  Even though it was a bit cheesy, I love that song, and it couldn’t help but be a bit romantic on the riverfront at night with my man, some 80’s lights and a great tune.
Listen to the song, and look at these photos and be carried to another time and place.  Hopefully a less cheesy place than the real thing!








No comments:

Post a Comment