Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Best Friend's Baby


Today I got hit with a massive wave of baby fever!  My best friend just gave birth to her first - a little girl.  I am on the other side of the world - feeling so giddy, thankful, weepy, sad to miss it and guilty all in the span of 2 seconds.  I'm so incredibly proud of her bringing a life into the world.  I hope that she will forgive me for not being there.  It's probably good to let them have time as a family because I know I would have swooped in and stolen that baby within the week.  This gives them a little time with her before I steal her.

Gratitude. 

I feel such gratitude that God answered our prayers for her family.

Other things I am gushing with gratitute about today:
A misunderstanding at work that blew to outrageous proportions in my head that could have gone really badly turned out to not be too terrible afterall.  I very specifically asked God to cover me because part of it was my dumb fault.

Texting is a pretty amazing thing - I'm thankful for this ability to hear about the baby soon afterwards, thankful that my mom and I can text in the morning a bit while I'm at work to help me stay connected and grounded in what counts when things are tough.

Matty V - best husband ever who helps me gain perspective by telling me about all his mistakes and makes me laugh so hard when I would be crying left to my own devices.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment