Monday, February 4, 2013

Grace, Trust and Hot Pink...

I’ve had a hard time figuring out what I really want this blog to be.  I know I’m not alone in bloggerland, but I wonder - is it a fashion blog, a lifestyle blog, a house blog?  I guess it is a combination but it feels weird still not tightening up my genre. 

I think a lot – about a lot of different things but for some reason when I start to blog I’m either too shy to share, not yet comfortable with everyone knowning my business, or simply can’t think of anything interesting to say.  In my head I’m the most hilarious person I know and I have a pile of fabulous attributes but it’s actually kinda tough to get those to translate to a blog.  While I love fashion and house stuff (probably way too much!),  I want to share stuff that matters but at the same time I realize that at least for me, blogs are for fun – they aren’t necessarily the forum to share all the details of my current struggles, fears and failures.  Some things need to be walked through before I start getting feedback.

I think I’ve just decided that this blog will be what it is for however long it is.  I talked about grace on my New Years’ post here, and it is what I’m trying to learn. 

I am throwing myself wholeheartedly into experiencing grace and learning to trust. 

I am battling the unknown. 

In general I crave change – I can’t wait to mix it up.  Buying a house was probably my most terrifying moment because, duh, if I wanted to move to Ghana on a Wednesday, I wouldn’t have that option anymore!  I want to be free to shift and change and grow.  But lately change hasn’t been as friendly with me.  Not knowing the future is really stressing me out and I’m trying to embrace it, to not squirm away from the teaching hand of God, but to give in to his tenderness and willingness to teach me something different and scary like trust.


My life motto has really always been about living abundant life – to have a full life experiencing triumphs and failures, joys and devastations, to take the bad with the good, to not wish it past, but to let it shape me – knowing how much stronger and better and more vulnerable these experiences make us.  It’s easy to have that as your motto when your world is rocking, it’s tougher on the other end, but I shout it just the same – I choose abundant life!

And that includes fabulous outfits…











Skirt: Limited
Top: Express
Jacket: J C Penney
Shoes: Thrifted
Scarf: Dress Barn
Earrings: Burlington Coat Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment