Thursday, January 31, 2013

Village Thrifty...




Last weekend, we put together a small budget and went thrift shopping.  Matt came with me, but he has a lot to learn about thrifting.  He said he would take photos of me, but refused to carry a big camera and then when I started to shop, he was nowhere to be found for a good 30 minutes.  He is good to me in about a billion other ways, so I let it slide.
Village Thrift is located in Camden, NJ just over the river from us and it is ginormous.  I always find good things here and I haven’t been in almost a year.  They used to not have any changing rooms so I would have to truly dress stealthily to try things on in the aisles, but now they have a couple that they added and it makes it a lot more enjoyable, albeit less exciting.
I was pretty giddy as we drove over.
 











Historically, I have always gone on Saturdays, but I thought since we are trying to make the money stretch, I’d go on Sunday because they have 3 tags that are 50% off.  It was pretty crazy, not quite unbearable, but it was definitely picked over and I left wondering if it was really worth it.  I think I’ll stick with my Saturdays.
We had fun though.  Matt had fun rolling his eyes at me going back to the jeans section multiple times.  I had fun looking for lost treasure and we had fun just being together.
It was also probably good for my pocketbook that it was picked over.
Here are some of the things I tried on.  I tried on a few other things that didn’t fit at all or were just varying shapes of jeans. 

Nothing super special this time, but that’s why we keep thrifting, isn’t it?  Just wondering what will be there the next time…
Scroll down to see what I chose and what I left behind…


Those yellow pants are from j.crew and although they are about 3 sizes too big, I could not pass them up.  I have been on a hunt for these for years.  Great fabric, clean, wide leg.  I will have to take them in, but you know how much I love a project! 
The white jeans were also just a little big, but I’m hoping when I dry them they will shrink up.  I liked that they weren’t skinny jeans though.  I have tried on a number of white skinnies and I am not a fan so far, but these were great – thick denim, straight leg.  I wasn’t sure, but the photo I took convinced me. 
The red boots were a no-brainer.  Nine West, perfect fit. 
And that heart-tie-dye-sweatshirt – love!

No comments:

Post a Comment