Monday, January 7, 2013

Small House Projects...

Here are a few of the small projects we've been working on around the house (although compiled, we've been quite busy!)...

Pillows:
I have made a number of these as gifts but have really wanted to make one for our home for a while now.  I pretty much love anything that entails smocking - although it is sometimes tricky to incorporate into clothing - since it makes things puffier.  I have a skirt that looks pretty nice and I have a vision for a jacket...


These are just some easy ones that I banged out for our new basement TV area.  I also have an enormous amount of stuffing from former art pieces that were disassembled and re purposed, so I've been trying to utilize it instead of having 5 bags of stuffing in the closet!




I threw away one that used to be on our bed because it had gotten so bedraggled - here is the new replacement that I made...


And here is another I made for our living area...



I'm am terrible about taking 'before' photos, but this chair was mint green with purple seating and a purple back.  This is to tie into our new guest room. 

Photos on the guest room coming soon...
 


I was able to coerce Matt into painting our boring front door into bright green (as mentioned here).  We were rushing trying to get everything done before Christmas and his parents coming and because the door was fiberglass, we had to use oil paint.  I had no idea that Home Depot or Lowes won't mix oil paint for you, so we had to go to a local paint store, they were experts and helped us out.  The door didn't dry by the time we went to bed, so we put up paper in the doorway (we do have a screen/security door) and then Matt had to sleep on the couch to keep guard.

I think it looks great.  The funny thing is people probably think we did it for Christmas because it is green, but it was just a coincidence!


Here is what it looked like before
Grey Primer
In Progress
From the Street

No comments:

Post a Comment