Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dreaming of Projects...

We are headed home in a few days and cannot wait.  I've been lying awake at night thinking of all the things we've done while in Australia and thinking about all the things I cannot wait to do when we get home.  It has been such an amazing journey and I still have to pinch myself that God gave us such favor to come here.  We've seen things and done things that we would never have been able to afford or found time for.  It's just been a major blessing.  There have certainly been tough moments but I prefer the highs and lows together!

So as far as going home...
I have a million project ideas in my head for both house, clothes and jewelry.  The toughest thing here has been not having any projects to do.

Here are a few:
House

-Paint our wrought iron glider in our back yard - gold
-Totally revamp our guest bedroom and possibly give stenciling a try (cool stenciling like this)
-Paint our front door.  We have this terrible plastic faux wood door, but I think I can paint it and spruce it up for now.  (I'm deciding between something similar to one of these.  Our house is brick.  Let me know your vote!



-Create a small gallery in our hallway to exhibit trip photos.  I am leaning toward having homogenous frames - black, white or silver and then change the photos that are in them depending on what trip we've just taken.   I've also toyed with a shelf to place them on.  So two variations on a theme.  Not sure which I will land on.

 



Jewelry
I've had a few ideas for new necklaces
-If I dry marshmallows
-From dominos
-From key covers like this:



Clothing
-I bought some fabulous silk in China, so I need to do something with it - maybe a drapy dress
-A quilted skirt
-A dress with smocking


But most of all I want to go home and see my friends and my family.  I am hopeful that my parents will come visit us within a few weeks of being back.  That would be the best US welcome!!

1 comment: