Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fricken Chicken...

On Sunday, we went on a little adventure.  Matt had heard about Federal Donuts and we needed to give it a shot.  They sell three things: coffee, donuts and fried chicken - a strange combo for sure,

But WELL worth it!

They have a method and it works for them.  They have a certain number of donuts and a certain amount of chicken they cook and when they run out for the day - they close up shop.

On their website, they have FAQ's and my favorite is
Q: Why don't you make more chicken?
A: Why don't YOU make more chicken?

Hilarious.

Each 1/2 chicken comes with a doughnut - just a basic one, but it was soo good.  And we were super lucky because someone ordered 4 cinnamon doughnuts and left without them, so they asked if anyone wanted them, and well - duh, free donuts - we did!  They were possibly the best I've ever tasted.  As you can see - no photos because I didn't want to set the d-nut down in order to photograph.

Highly recommend.

It was small and quaint and made me wish I had a place where I was a regular and they knew what I wanted every time I stopped by.  With only a few doughnut and chicken flavors - this could be the place.  Even if they don't remember me - they could take a guess and have a decent shot!







3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to be a 'regular', too! This place sounds like a winner, you have to reveal the location so I can at least send my daughter to enjoy it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's right around Federal and 2nd in Philly - well worth a drive!

    ReplyDelete