Friday, November 2, 2012

Remembering Fiji...

So we are home now - back to Philly and while we are certain to miss Australia in the cold months to come, right now we are happy to be home in our spacious and lovely home.

It's no surprise that we have started in on about a hundred projects right away.  Hubby is job hunting which makes us (by us I mean me since he is as cool as a cucumber) oscillate between hope and terror.  I'm trying to get over jet lag to spend time in my studio.  So far I have made a curtain for our basement window, and have a pile of sculptures we pulled out of the closet that I'm going to try to revamp for wall hangings.  We figured if I'm going to keep them (Link to my art site), then maybe we should try to look at a few of them instead of hiding them away in the closet under the stairs.

I'm still working on a style/scheme for our guest bedroom that I'm determined to redo for very little money, so more on that in the months to come...

With Hubby not having a job, we will also be making a lot of our Christmas gifts this year.  Which is actually pretty fun, but I just need to think of some great ideas!

Right before we came home from Australia, we took a few days and went to Fiji for holiday.  This was our final break and our 1 week of summer.  It was just starting to warm up in Australia when we left and we knew when we got home it would already be beyond sweater weather, straight into jacket and hat weather.

Fiji was beautiful. 

We laid around just relaxing, reading, talking and enjoying the sun.  Next to us was the actual raft they used in the Tom Hanks movie Castaway, so that was weird and cool.








No comments:

Post a Comment