Monday, November 19, 2012

Missing Me So Soon?

I thought it would take me longer to miss Australia.

Don’t get me wrong, I do NOT miss the little apartment and watching too much TV because we didn’t have any projects to work on or stuff to make.  We’ve gone crazy in our home already – taking on about a million DIY at once (and then starting even more while most are unfinished!).  So that I love and that I don’t miss.


But my job – ah, my job... 

Now I’m back and I feel a bit displaced.  People are happy to see me in my old office, but no one is particularly interested in what I brought back intellectually.  I don’t yet know what my new role is and I’m actually a bit bored (this won’t last, I know!).  I’m still supporting the team in Australia, so that is still a thread of feeling needed, but other than that I’m not sure where I belong anymore…

It all feels a bit anti-climactic actually.  It feels like it should have had a bit more closure – like graduating, you get a ceremony.  Getting married, you get a ceremony and a vacation, having kids, you get a kid.  But I just came back and came back to my old desk, wearing my old clothes…  I think I should have had a bit more of a ceremony than this… 

1 comment:

  1. If I worked with you (still) I would have had a huge celebration to welcome you back, and demanded that you tell me stories with a Cockney accent

    ReplyDelete