Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happiness...


Lately I've been thinking a lot about happiness. 

I recognize the importance of gratitude and I say thank you a lot - to God and to those around me, but I've been noticing how much easier it is for me to slip into the place of discontent rather than that of true happiness and contentment. In my life this trait has actually served me fairly well - made me pursue art, a decent career, strong relationships, self-awareness and self-improvement. I've always thought of it as an unwillingness to settle for less than great and to push myself forward, but a lot of the time it just makes me rush past the good stuff, even some of the great stuff so that I can be better at [fill in the blank]. 

So I am trying to delete the mental lists of things that I don't have in life whether its actual stuff or more intangible items like a "stronger marriage" or "better career" (who knows what those look like anyway??) and instead enjoy what I do have. My life is incredibly full and beautiful - filled with all the stuff that counts and plenty that doesn't. 

I also know that this is not a journey that is unique to me, that we all battle this all the time. I wish I had secrets to offer and wisdom to lend, but instead I would love to share the walk with you. 

I am thankful for: 
A God who loves me steadily and relentlessly 
A husband who is truly the love of my life 
A family that scoops me up and pursues me even though I have lots of rough edges 
A job that pays the bills and challenges me 
A fun trip to Florida last week (pics soon!) 
Projects to work on 
Spring being right around the corner 
To-Do Lists 

Thank you also to anyone reading this. I know this blog isn't much yet and may never be, but it makes me happy, I enjoy it and I enjoy thinking you may too (either now or someday!). 

What are you thankful and happy for?














Dress: Thrifted 
Shoes: Restricted 
Earrings: Gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment