Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Memories of China Pt 1

We were in China last week.  I went for work and we were able to do a little sightseeing.  I was there 16 years ago and sometimes I feel like I have spent all of the time in between then and now trying to get back there.  I have such a love for China.  One of the proudest moments in my life (in a good kind of pride way) was back when I was decent at speaking Mandarin and someone told me in Chinese that I was an egg - white on the outside but yellow on the inside.  The antithesis to this is an insult to the Chinese - a banana - yellow on the outside but white on the inside. 

And even though eggs are the only food that initiates my gag reflex, I was very honoured indeed!
 
We wondered if they make welding shields for cats.
 




China has changed so much in the last 16 years, and then it hasn't changed at all.
 

1 comment: